Get to Know These Tips Before Investing in a Printer
Astragraphia Document Solution - Printers are still a product that is needed in company operations. Investing in a printer should certainly suit your needs and this can sometimes be a confusing process, given the number of printers on the market and it is difficult to compare. Astragraphia Document Solution will help you to find the most ideal multifunction printer for office needs.
1. Image quality
• Resolution - Most printers have many resolution modes, so be sure to find one that has multiple capabilities in terms of print resolution (an example is 360dpi-2880dpi). For photography needs, you need a printer capable of producing a print resolution of at least 1200dpi.
• Color Gamut - Some newer printers have increased the ink set thus expanding the printing gamut you can print on. Gamut comparisons are sometimes included in printer brochures or informational kits, so check the downloads available on the manufacturer's site. When you adjust the screen in Soft-Proof view, you can see what colors the printer can accurately reproduce without changing colors.
• Density - The density of the ink translates into rich, deep, and bright colors. Different ink sets can achieve higher or lower ink densities.
• Ink Droplet Size - Droplet size is usually measured in picoliters, so look for a printer that can produce about 4-12pl of droplets. Lower numbers mean smaller droplets, and smaller droplets produce a sharper image.
• Ink Configuration - The printer has a variety of ink configurations which typically range from 4 colors, 6, 8, and 12 color engines. In general, the more colors a printer has, the wider the range of color gamut it can achieve.
2. Size & Speed
Find out what print size people need the most, that's what can guide you on which machine can accommodate these printing needs. Larger printers can usually handle longer, heavier media. Speed is an important aspect that should not be ignored. A faster print speed usually means a decrease in image resolution, so find a printer that can reach the faster speed while maintaining the resolution.
3. Media Handling
Recent printer products have the capability to print on a variety of print media, while some printers may be more suitable for photography. Astragraphia Document Solution markets a laser printer machine with the capability of printing on a variety of special laser and grammature print media, ranging from 60 gsm to 220 gsm.
4. Ease of Use
The features and specifications of printer products on the market sometimes make us forget the importance of the use of the printer itself. Here are some questions that can help you before you decide to buy a printer:
• Is it easy to unload and load print media?
• Is the printer control panel easy to understand?
• Is the printer driver easy to set up and use?
• Is it easy enough to show others how to use it?
• Can you save customized settings and details?
5. After-sales Service and Support
Usually, the most overlooked aspect when buying a printer is support and after-sales service. You don't need to worry if you buy or rent a printer machine from Astragraphia Document Solution because our products are equipped with ASTRA-standard support and after-sales service. Make sure you have your machine equipment number (machine EQ) and inform the Halo Astragraphia team when you need service from Astragraphia. Not only that, Astragraphia's Customer Engineer Team is always ready to help you.
To find out more about multifunction printer products from Astragraphia, you can look at Printer Products. or you can contact Halo Astragraphia at 1500-345 every Monday - Friday at 08.00 - 17.00 WIB.
• Adapted and adapted from Ofiskita.com. Retrieved 4 May 2021.