Fuji Xerox Iridesse Production Press Design Guide, Special Color Special Application (Gold / Metallic Standard)
Astragraphia is the exclusive distributor of the Fuji Xerox brand in Indonesia continues to provide education and information about the latest features to its customers. One of the products is currently being popular for the production machine category at Astragraphia Document Solution, Fuji Xerox Iridesse Production Press. This machine has advantages and uniqueness compared to the previous one and also compared to other production type machines. The advantage of this Iridesse machine lies in its technology. The Fuji Xerox Iridesse Production Press is the first digital printing machine in the world that can produce special metallic colors on the printouts and one-way process.
The Fuji Xerox Iridesse Production Press is a flexible digital printing machine that only fixes on 4 standard colors such as Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black (CMYK). Iridesse Production Press can expand to several special colors including Gold, Silver, White and also Clear (spot). Two of these four special colors can be applied directly with CMYK directly and produce new metallic color Pantone . So there's no need to worry anymore, the gold color in your design will change to real-gold with real emotion elements, as well as other metallic colors, white and spot. The presence of Fuji Xerox Iridesse Production Press can answer the challenges of today's design trends that require a touch of metallic Gold, Silver, White and also Clear (spot) to make it look more stunning and in unlimited imagination. Beyond Imagination.
For the application of Fuji Xerox Special Dry Ink (Gold / Metallic Standard), this can be done through Adobe Illustrator and also Adobe Photoshop. Following are the steps:
A. ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR
1. Prepare the Design
* Special Dry Ink Color can be applied to Object Vector, Text or Stroke.
2. Import Swatch Library
* Enter the Special Dry Ink Color Swatch into Adobe Illustrator. In Colom Swatches, click the button to open the Open Swatch Library Options> Other Library.
* Then select the Fuji Xerox Gold Metallics / Metallics file - Standard. * the location of the file is determined by the operator.
3. Apply the Gold Metallics / Metallics to Your Design.
* Colors can be used individually or in combination.
* Enter the two colors that will be combined into the Gradient Slider.
*Available in Gradient Columns.
4. Make a Color White Spot
* Special Dry Ink White is used when printing on Color paper (other than White) or on Transparent paper (mica). Double click on the White Swatch, then change the Color Type to "Spot Color".
* Don't forget to turn on the Overprint option in the object that is given the color White. So that the Iridesse Machine can read Special Dry Ink White when it is hit by another object.
5. Save File as PDF.
B. ADOBE PHOTOSHOP
1. Select the image that will be given a touch of Gold or Silver Metallic
2. Open the Channels Column
* Open the Channel Option. Then Drag one of the RGB or CMYK Layer to the Load Channel as Selection Option then click save selection as Channel.
* Double click on Layer Alpha 1, change the name to Gold or Silver and change its Color Indicates to Spot Color.
3. Select the part of the image that will be given a Metallic Gold / Silver touch
* The part that is exposed to Red is the part that will be given Gold / Silver. Select this particular part by removing the part that you don't want by using Eraser Tools.
4. Save The File as Pdf.
* Select the HIGH-QUALITY PRINT option, then turn off the "Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities" so that the File Size is smaller but does not reduce the image quality that will be printed.
With a number of steps to apply Fuji Xerox Special Dry Ink (Gold / Metallic Standard), it is expected to be able to answer the challenges of the current design trend so that the printed results can look more perfect.